Participate in the 110% Campaign Today!
Release: February 20, 2018
This past fall, IPTAY introduced the 110% Campaign for the IPTAY 2018 year. With the IPTAY February 15 deadline now behind us, we want to remind those who have already joined and those who have yet to join that it is not to late to participate in this year's 110% Campaign!
If this is first time you are reading about this initiative, it is important to note that we have challenged all IPTAY 2017 priority members to give an additional 10 percent for their annual gift in 2018 versus 2017. To date, over 2,400 donors have participated in this exciting campaign. We are grateful for all those who have joined IPTAY and would like to give an additional thank you to this select group who has made the commitment to participate in this year’s campaign.
If you have already renewed for the IPTAY 2018 year and did not pledge 110 percent, there is still plenty of time to do so! Simply call the IPTAY office at 1-800-CLEMSON, and a team member will be able to adjust your pledge amount so that you can be included in the action. All donors who participate will receive a campaign-specific decal to go with their level decal for the year.
For those who have yet to join back up for the IPTAY 2018 year, we hope that you will consider participating in this year's 110% Campaign initiative. On your two most recent hard-copy solicitations, we have provided you with your personal donation necessary to participate.
You being “All In” truly makes a difference in support of Clemson athletics in this ever-changing climate of higher education and intercollegiate athletics. The additional support aids IPTAY in its growing financial responsibilities for the athletic enterprise at Clemson. Below, you will see a snapshot of the areas in which your generosity supports.
- Athletic Scholarships: Each year, IPTAY is responsible for fully funding the entire athletic scholarship bill to the university. In just the past 10 years, scholarship costs for student-athletes have risen by 84 percent.
- Facilities: In recent years, IPTAY and Clemson athletics have focused on the future of the program from a facility perspective. To date, many facilities have been constructed, renovated or have future plans, including the recent completion of the Allen N. Reeves Football Complex and the rebuild of Littlejohn Coliseum.
- Academic Support: The newly-renovated WestZone is now home to the Nieri Family Student-Athlete Enrichment Center. At IPTAY, it is a top priority to prepare these young men and women for life after Clemson, and in just 10 short years, the cost of academic support operations has grown by 57 percent.
- Strength & Conditioning: To be successful among the elite in the ACC and across the nation, our strength & conditioning staff use the newest resources and practices to prepare our student-athletes physically for the rigors they face in competition.
- Nutrition Services: To perform in the classroom and in athletic competition at the highest level, our student-athletes' bodies must be fueled appropriately. Today, IPTAY now provides funding for the growing nutrition services area.
Travis Furbee, director of the IPTAY Annual Fund, had this to say in reference to IPTAY's newest initiative.
“As we all know, it is an exciting time for Clemson athletics, and I believe that many will rise to the challenge and participate in this year’s 110% Campaign. Every donation, no matter the size, makes a difference. and this initiative will help take us to the next level in 2018.
Thank you to those who have already participated and to those in advance who will support our Clemson students-athletes by being members of IPTAY in 2018. Each and every one of you is a difference maker and is vital to the success of Tiger athletics. Thank you for being on our team, and please reach out to our office if we can ever of any help."
To learn more about the campaign or to speak with an IPTAY representative, please call us at 1-800-CLEMSON, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the IPTAY Center located adjacent to gate 9, the Winkopp Gate, at Memorial Stadium. The IPTAY Center is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m., to 4:30 p.m.